What is involved in Agile
Find out what the related areas are that Agile connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Agile thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Agile Unified Process journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Agile Unified Process leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Agile related domains to cover and 109 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Agile, AIM-95 Agile, Agile Communications, Agile Project Management, Agile Property, Agile Software Corporation, Agile construction, Agile manufacturing, Agile software development, Agility, Association of Geographic Information Laboratories for Europe, Chevrolet Agile, HMS Agile, Mega Man X2, Project AGILE, USS Agile, Wallis WA-116 Agile:
Agile Critical Criteria:
Derive from Agile engagements and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Agile.
– Being managed by someone else is totally ingrained in our life and work experience. Parents, teachers, and bosses who teach us to self-manage instead of striving to fulfill their expectations are rare. Why should we expect that when we tell a Team that it is responsible for managing itself, it will know what we are talking about?
– How can the balance between tacit and explicit knowledge and their diffusion be found in agile software development when there are several parties involved?
– How could agile approach be utilized in other parts and functions of an organization, for instance in marketing?
– How do scaling issues affect the manner in which you fulfill your goal of identifying your initial scope?
– Is the client constantly changing their mind about the same thing, thus we have what is known as design thrashing?
– How to manage workflows and projects, that are inherently distributed outside the organizational structure?
– Justification: what are your research questions and how do you motivate them?
– Many organizations have a release process that takes hours or days. Why is this so?
– What is the absolute minimum first deliverable to external beta users?
– How do you develop requirements for agile software development?
– How Agile are Industrial Software Development Practices?
– How do you best coordinate Agile and non-Agile teams?
– Which Agile goals are the most important?
– Does Agile Release Management Work in Real Life?
– Why is user feedback for agile hard?
– Why is agile user feedback better?
– Did the changes fix the problems?
– Velocity -how fast are we going?
– What is the cost of change?
– Can a design document be a PBI?
AIM-95 Agile Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about AIM-95 Agile goals and define what do we need to start doing with AIM-95 Agile.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Agile in a volatile global economy?
– Can we add value to the current Agile decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How can you negotiate Agile successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Agile Communications Critical Criteria:
Scan Agile Communications planning and reduce Agile Communications costs.
– Consider your own Agile project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Agile goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Agile?
Agile Project Management Critical Criteria:
Study Agile Project Management issues and know what your objective is.
– The fundamentals of agile software development, agile project management, and evolutionary development have been proven and demonstrated to be highly successful. Are these now preferred in our organization?
– Are there implications for the observed success of agile to date that reflects on our larger understanding of organizations and their fundamental nature?
– Are there process theory explanations for differentiating better from less successful ways to implement agile techniques?
– What about when our product is an integration of several different products, each with their own product owner?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– Are there metrics and standards that can be used for control of agile project progress during execution?
– Will the metrics and measurement techniques to determine project success (or failure) need to change?
– A heuristic, a decision support system, or new practices to improve current project management?
– What scenarios in terms of projected cost, schedule, and scope could/should we plan for?
– How could a new product or service be developed in this century without Agile Project Management?
– How do organizations adapt to a radically new framework such as agile?
– How can Trello be used as an Agile project management tool?
– How do we deal with change when it happens?
– Are we ready to execute an agile project?
– So then, what is a virtual team?
– Agile Management an oxymoron?
– What is agile anyways?
Agile Property Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Agile Property outcomes and observe effective Agile Property.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Agile processes?
– Is the Agile organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Agile move?
Agile Software Corporation Critical Criteria:
Consider Agile Software Corporation management and probe Agile Software Corporation strategic alliances.
– Do we monitor the Agile decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Think of your Agile project. what are the main functions?
– Who sets the Agile standards?
Agile construction Critical Criteria:
Administer Agile construction planning and find the essential reading for Agile construction researchers.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Agile product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Agile services/products?
– How do we keep improving Agile?
Agile manufacturing Critical Criteria:
Reason over Agile manufacturing goals and report on developing an effective Agile manufacturing strategy.
– Think about the people you identified for your Agile project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Agile forward?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Add value to Agile software development projects and assess what counts with Agile software development that we are not counting.
– Much of the agile advice is oriented towards small teams of up to ten people, who are either co-located or near located, who have ready access to their primary stakeholders, and who are working on software that can be easily organized into a series of small releases. What about large teams?
– How will nonfunctional requirements pertaining to availability, security, performance, and many other factors be addressed?
– Are you considering one or more candidate architectures and what is your overall delivery strategy?
– Are there cultural or organizational issues that may affect the system development?
– What other types of systems might be able to benefit from this component?
– Do we ask in the sprint retrospective: What went well during the sprint?
– What changes need to be made to agile development today?
– From Waterfall to Agile How does a QA Team Transition?
– Is There a Role for Complex Adaptive Systems Theory?
– Do we use kanban, and know how it compares to scrum?
– So what do your developers do differently in agile?
– What is and why Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD)?
– How do Web Operators communicate with Developers?
– What have you completed since yesterday?
– What type of Experience is valuable?
– Why Agile, and Why Now?
– A separate test team?
Agility Critical Criteria:
Pilot Agility adoptions and get out your magnifying glass.
– When developing and capitalizing on IoT solutions, do we as owners consider the societal cost, systemic risk, and risk externality to avoid what may be called designer hubris. In other words, why add features when theyre not needed and contribute to the insecurity/fragility of the whole system?
– How do you merge agile, lightweight processes with standard industrial processes without either killing agility or undermining the years youve spent defining and refining your systems and software process assets?
– Do we obtain it performance reports illustrating the value of it from a business driver perspective (Customer Service, cost, agility, quality, etc.)?
– For your Agile project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Agile?
– Do we ensure to not add features when theyre not needed and contribute to the insecurity/fragility of the whole system?
– Agility is Key to Industry Relevance. Major projects and initiatives realize their value only when delivered, so why wait?
– Can Agility Work With a Waterfall Project Management Process in our Setting?
– Is Supporting Agile documentation required?
– What is Agility ?
Association of Geographic Information Laboratories for Europe Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Association of Geographic Information Laboratories for Europe projects and stake your claim.
– In a project to restructure Agile outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What will drive Agile change?
Chevrolet Agile Critical Criteria:
Investigate Chevrolet Agile decisions and look for lots of ideas.
– How will you know that the Agile project has been successful?
– Does the Agile task fit the clients priorities?
HMS Agile Critical Criteria:
Distinguish HMS Agile goals and devote time assessing HMS Agile and its risk.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Agile project?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Agile project?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Agile requirements in detail?
Mega Man X2 Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Mega Man X2 adoptions and customize techniques for implementing Mega Man X2 controls.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Agile strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– How do we Identify specific Agile investment and emerging trends?
Project AGILE Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Project AGILE visions and sort Project AGILE activities.
– Does Agile systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What threat is Agile addressing?
USS Agile Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect USS Agile management and pioneer acquisition of USS Agile systems.
– Who will provide the final approval of Agile deliverables?
– What are the long-term Agile goals?
Wallis WA-116 Agile Critical Criteria:
Track Wallis WA-116 Agile leadership and grade techniques for implementing Wallis WA-116 Agile controls.
– Among the Agile product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Will Agile deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Agile Unified Process Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Agile External links:
Advanced Global Intelligence Learning Environment (AGILE)
CA Agile Central Login
Agile Procurement | Data News
AIM-95 Agile External links:
AIM-95 Agile – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
“AIM-95 Agile” on Revolvy.com
Hughes AIM-95 Agile – Designation-Systems.Net
Agile Communications External links:
3 Steps to Agile Communications – Granicus
3 Steps to Agile Communications » Community | GovLoop
Agile Communications 555 St Charles Dr Ste 205 …
Agile Project Management External links:
What is Agile Project Management? – Unified Agile & DevOps
Agile Project Management Certification Training
Agile Property External links:
Agile Property (@agilepropertyp) | Twitter
10 Tips On Creating More Agile Property Management …
Agile Property Holdings on the Forbes Global 2000 List
Agile Software Corporation External links:
Agile Software Corporation – news.thomasnet.com
Agile Software Corporation () IPO | Date, Amount, Price & …
Agile construction External links:
Contractor Information ROC243510 Agile Construction …
Agile Construction Company, Licensed in Alabama
Agile Construction LLC – Home | Facebook
Agile manufacturing External links:
Agile Manufacturing Enterprise Forum – GuideStar Profile
Use Agile Manufacturing to Rapidly Respond to Customers
Agile Manufacturing for Product and Hardware Development
Agile software development External links:
Nexient | American agile software development
Scrum Overview: Agile Software Development
What is Agile Software Development? | Agile Alliance
Agility External links:
Guide to AKC Dog Agility and Obedience Titles – Petcha
Agility | Define Agility at Dictionary.com
Speed & Agility Training | TITLE Boxing – TITLE Boxing
Chevrolet Agile External links:
chevrolet Agile fans – Home | Facebook
Mega Man X2 External links:
Mega Man X2 for Super Nintendo | GameStop
Mega Man X2 Cheats, Codes, and Secrets for Super …
MMHP: Mega Man X2 Password Generator
Project AGILE External links:
Project Agile – appsource.microsoft.com
Project AGILE & the M16 Rifle
USS Agile External links:
USS AGILE MSO-421 | Navy Units | VetFriends.com
USS AGILE (MSO-421) Crew Roster – Hull Number
USS AGILE (MSO-421) STORE : USS AGILE MSO-421 …
Wallis WA-116 Agile External links:
1962 Wallis WA-116 Agile “Little Nellie” – Shuttleworth
Wallis WA-116 Agile – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=Wallis WA-116 Agile
Wallis WA-116 Agile – WOW.com