What is involved in Convertible Arbitrage
Find out what the related areas are that Convertible Arbitrage connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Convertible Arbitrage thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Convertible Arbitrage journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Convertible Arbitrage leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Convertible Arbitrage related domains to cover and 128 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Convertible Arbitrage, Activist shareholder, Algorithmic trading, Arbitrage pricing theory, Assets under management, Black Monday, Black–Scholes model, Bond market, Capital asset pricing model, Capital structure, Commodity market, Commodity trading advisor, Common stock, Convergence trade, Convertible bond, Convertible security, Day trading, Distressed securities, Embedded option, Event-driven investing, Family office, Financial endowment, Fixed-income relative-value investing, Fixed income arbitrage, Foreign exchange market, Fund governance, Fund of funds, Fundamental analysis, General Motors Corporation, Global macro, Hedge Fund Standards Board, Hedge fund, High-frequency trading, High-net-worth individual, Institutional investor, Investment banking, Investment strategy, Managed futures account, Market neutral, Market psychology, Merchant bank, Money market, Multi-manager investment, Pension fund, Prime brokerage, Program trading, Proprietary trading, Relative value, Risk arbitrage, Security characteristic line, Short selling, Sovereign wealth fund, Special situation, Statistical arbitrage, Stock market, Structured finance, Taxation of private equity and hedge funds, Technical analysis, Trend following, Volatility arbitrage, Vulture fund:
Convertible Arbitrage Critical Criteria:
Confer re Convertible Arbitrage goals and balance specific methods for improving Convertible Arbitrage results.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Convertible Arbitrage?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Convertible Arbitrage values?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Convertible Arbitrage project?
Activist shareholder Critical Criteria:
Own Activist shareholder tactics and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What are the business goals Convertible Arbitrage is aiming to achieve?
– Does Convertible Arbitrage appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– Do we have past Convertible Arbitrage Successes?
Algorithmic trading Critical Criteria:
Track Algorithmic trading strategies and drive action.
– Does Convertible Arbitrage systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How do we go about Comparing Convertible Arbitrage approaches/solutions?
– What is our Convertible Arbitrage Strategy?
Arbitrage pricing theory Critical Criteria:
Canvass Arbitrage pricing theory failures and report on the economics of relationships managing Arbitrage pricing theory and constraints.
– Does Convertible Arbitrage create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– In a project to restructure Convertible Arbitrage outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Are assumptions made in Convertible Arbitrage stated explicitly?
Assets under management Critical Criteria:
Mine Assets under management management and ask questions.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Convertible Arbitrage product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Why is Convertible Arbitrage important for you now?
Black Monday Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Black Monday strategies and drive action.
– Which customers cant participate in our Convertible Arbitrage domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Convertible Arbitrage? There might be some that are less obvious?
Black–Scholes model Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Black–Scholes model quality and stake your claim.
– Do we monitor the Convertible Arbitrage decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– How do we Lead with Convertible Arbitrage in Mind?
– What threat is Convertible Arbitrage addressing?
Bond market Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Bond market failures and give examples utilizing a core of simple Bond market skills.
– Among the Convertible Arbitrage product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Convertible Arbitrage effort?
– Have all basic functions of Convertible Arbitrage been defined?
Capital asset pricing model Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Capital asset pricing model adoptions and look at it backwards.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Convertible Arbitrage models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Think about the functions involved in your Convertible Arbitrage project. what processes flow from these functions?
Capital structure Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Capital structure results and triple focus on important concepts of Capital structure relationship management.
– Do you contemplate any change in your capital structure or any substantial increase or decrease in equity capital?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Convertible Arbitrage that make it risky?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Convertible Arbitrage objectives?
– What percentage of the firms capital structure is debt?
– How do we go about Securing Convertible Arbitrage?
Commodity market Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Commodity market quality and catalog what business benefits will Commodity market goals deliver if achieved.
Commodity trading advisor Critical Criteria:
Derive from Commodity trading advisor leadership and finalize specific methods for Commodity trading advisor acceptance.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Convertible Arbitrage strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
Common stock Critical Criteria:
Model after Common stock strategies and integrate design thinking in Common stock innovation.
– What will drive Convertible Arbitrage change?
Convergence trade Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Convergence trade planning and spearhead techniques for implementing Convergence trade.
– What business benefits will Convertible Arbitrage goals deliver if achieved?
Convertible bond Critical Criteria:
Sort Convertible bond tasks and give examples utilizing a core of simple Convertible bond skills.
– How do we Identify specific Convertible Arbitrage investment and emerging trends?
– Who sets the Convertible Arbitrage standards?
Convertible security Critical Criteria:
Check Convertible security visions and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Convertible security results.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Convertible Arbitrage ?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Convertible Arbitrage leaders?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Convertible Arbitrage requirements in detail?
Day trading Critical Criteria:
Grasp Day trading decisions and budget for Day trading challenges.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Convertible Arbitrage processes?
– Who will provide the final approval of Convertible Arbitrage deliverables?
Distressed securities Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Distressed securities planning and track iterative Distressed securities results.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Convertible Arbitrage products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Can we do Convertible Arbitrage without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Who needs to know about Convertible Arbitrage ?
Embedded option Critical Criteria:
Canvass Embedded option issues and get going.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Convertible Arbitrage delivery for example is new software needed?
– What is the source of the strategies for Convertible Arbitrage strengthening and reform?
Event-driven investing Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Event-driven investing decisions and arbitrate Event-driven investing techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Have you identified your Convertible Arbitrage key performance indicators?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Convertible Arbitrage Management?
– Are there Convertible Arbitrage Models?
Family office Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Family office projects and report on developing an effective Family office strategy.
– Does Convertible Arbitrage include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Can we add value to the current Convertible Arbitrage decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
Financial endowment Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Financial endowment visions and learn.
– Is Convertible Arbitrage dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What are our Convertible Arbitrage Processes?
Fixed-income relative-value investing Critical Criteria:
Discourse Fixed-income relative-value investing leadership and grade techniques for implementing Fixed-income relative-value investing controls.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Convertible Arbitrage in a volatile global economy?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Convertible Arbitrage process?
– What is our formula for success in Convertible Arbitrage ?
Fixed income arbitrage Critical Criteria:
Mix Fixed income arbitrage issues and achieve a single Fixed income arbitrage view and bringing data together.
– What vendors make products that address the Convertible Arbitrage needs?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Convertible Arbitrage move?
Foreign exchange market Critical Criteria:
Grade Foreign exchange market risks and devise Foreign exchange market key steps.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Convertible Arbitrage into the services that we provide?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Convertible Arbitrage objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Convertible Arbitrage?
Fund governance Critical Criteria:
See the value of Fund governance issues and differentiate in coordinating Fund governance.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Convertible Arbitrage is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Is Supporting Convertible Arbitrage documentation required?
Fund of funds Critical Criteria:
Understand Fund of funds projects and pioneer acquisition of Fund of funds systems.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Convertible Arbitrage information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Think of your Convertible Arbitrage project. what are the main functions?
– How would one define Convertible Arbitrage leadership?
Fundamental analysis Critical Criteria:
Study Fundamental analysis adoptions and question.
– Consider your own Convertible Arbitrage project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How will you measure your Convertible Arbitrage effectiveness?
General Motors Corporation Critical Criteria:
Contribute to General Motors Corporation tasks and observe effective General Motors Corporation.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Convertible Arbitrage does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– How important is Convertible Arbitrage to the user organizations mission?
Global macro Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Global macro tactics and document what potential Global macro megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Convertible Arbitrage experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Convertible Arbitrage strengthening and reform actually originate?
Hedge Fund Standards Board Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Hedge Fund Standards Board strategies and assess and formulate effective operational and Hedge Fund Standards Board strategies.
– How likely is the current Convertible Arbitrage plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Do the Convertible Arbitrage decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Hedge fund Critical Criteria:
Judge Hedge fund tactics and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Hedge fund.
High-frequency trading Critical Criteria:
Facilitate High-frequency trading outcomes and triple focus on important concepts of High-frequency trading relationship management.
– Does Convertible Arbitrage analysis show the relationships among important Convertible Arbitrage factors?
– In what ways are Convertible Arbitrage vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
High-net-worth individual Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about High-net-worth individual engagements and oversee implementation of High-net-worth individual.
– How can we improve Convertible Arbitrage?
Institutional investor Critical Criteria:
Investigate Institutional investor tactics and pioneer acquisition of Institutional investor systems.
– When a Convertible Arbitrage manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Investment banking Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Investment banking results and achieve a single Investment banking view and bringing data together.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Convertible Arbitrage processes?
Investment strategy Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Investment strategy adoptions and transcribe Investment strategy as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Convertible Arbitrage?
Managed futures account Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Managed futures account failures and track iterative Managed futures account results.
– How do we know that any Convertible Arbitrage analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Market neutral Critical Criteria:
Administer Market neutral projects and develop and take control of the Market neutral initiative.
– How much does Convertible Arbitrage help?
Market psychology Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Market psychology outcomes and describe the risks of Market psychology sustainability.
– In the case of a Convertible Arbitrage project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Convertible Arbitrage project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Convertible Arbitrage project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Convertible Arbitrage services/products?
Merchant bank Critical Criteria:
Confer re Merchant bank quality and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Are there Convertible Arbitrage problems defined?
Money market Critical Criteria:
Depict Money market outcomes and improve Money market service perception.
Multi-manager investment Critical Criteria:
Examine Multi-manager investment issues and spearhead techniques for implementing Multi-manager investment.
– Is the Convertible Arbitrage organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Pension fund Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Pension fund leadership and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Pension fund services.
– What are all of our Convertible Arbitrage domains and what do they do?
Prime brokerage Critical Criteria:
Guide Prime brokerage outcomes and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What are the barriers to increased Convertible Arbitrage production?
– What are current Convertible Arbitrage Paradigms?
Program trading Critical Criteria:
Unify Program trading issues and be persistent.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Convertible Arbitrage goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Convertible Arbitrage?
– How do we Improve Convertible Arbitrage service perception, and satisfaction?
Proprietary trading Critical Criteria:
Probe Proprietary trading decisions and drive action.
Relative value Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Relative value leadership and create Relative value explanations for all managers.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Convertible Arbitrage workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Do we all define Convertible Arbitrage in the same way?
Risk arbitrage Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Risk arbitrage management and probe the present value of growth of Risk arbitrage.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Convertible Arbitrage is underway?
Security characteristic line Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Security characteristic line adoptions and oversee Security characteristic line requirements.
– How can you negotiate Convertible Arbitrage successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How do we measure improved Convertible Arbitrage service perception, and satisfaction?
Short selling Critical Criteria:
Look at Short selling outcomes and catalog what business benefits will Short selling goals deliver if achieved.
– Are there recognized Convertible Arbitrage problems?
Sovereign wealth fund Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Sovereign wealth fund tactics and devote time assessing Sovereign wealth fund and its risk.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Convertible Arbitrage project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Do those selected for the Convertible Arbitrage team have a good general understanding of what Convertible Arbitrage is all about?
– Does our organization need more Convertible Arbitrage education?
Special situation Critical Criteria:
Check Special situation decisions and describe the risks of Special situation sustainability.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Convertible Arbitrage forward?
Statistical arbitrage Critical Criteria:
Review Statistical arbitrage projects and gather practices for scaling Statistical arbitrage.
Stock market Critical Criteria:
Grasp Stock market outcomes and report on developing an effective Stock market strategy.
– Is a Convertible Arbitrage Team Work effort in place?
Structured finance Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Structured finance tactics and get going.
– Think about the people you identified for your Convertible Arbitrage project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
Taxation of private equity and hedge funds Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Taxation of private equity and hedge funds outcomes and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Taxation of private equity and hedge funds is getting what it needs.
– Are we Assessing Convertible Arbitrage and Risk?
Technical analysis Critical Criteria:
Devise Technical analysis leadership and balance specific methods for improving Technical analysis results.
– What are our needs in relation to Convertible Arbitrage skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How is the value delivered by Convertible Arbitrage being measured?
Trend following Critical Criteria:
Investigate Trend following management and gather Trend following models .
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Convertible Arbitrage activities?
Volatility arbitrage Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Volatility arbitrage projects and define Volatility arbitrage competency-based leadership.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Convertible Arbitrage strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Convertible Arbitrage study?
Vulture fund Critical Criteria:
Model after Vulture fund failures and revise understanding of Vulture fund architectures.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Convertible Arbitrage Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Convertible Arbitrage External links:
Convertible Arbitrage – Investopedia
Algorithmic trading External links:
Algorithmic trading system and method – Google Patents
Intelligent Algorithmic Trading Systems – Turing Finance
Electronic and Algorithmic Trading Technology – …
Arbitrage pricing theory External links:
Arbitrage Pricing Theory (APT): Tutorial on …
Arbitrage Pricing Theory – APT – Investopedia
[PDF]CHAPTER 11: ARBITRAGE PRICING THEORY
Assets under management External links:
Assets under management – New York Life Insurance Company
Assets Under Management | Lazard Asset Management
Black Monday External links:
What Led to the Black Monday Crash? – TheStreet
Black Monday – the Stock Market Crash of 1987
Bond market External links:
Is the Bond Market in a Bubble? – WSJ
Capital asset pricing model External links:
Capital Asset Pricing Model – Investopedia: CAPM
Capital structure External links:
Capital structure (eBook, 2007) [WorldCat.org]
Penn Capital | Specialists in Capital Structure Analysis
Capital Structure – Investopedia
Commodity market External links:
Commodity Market PPT. | Commodity Markets | …
[PPT]Commodity Market – PBworks
Commodity trading advisor External links:
Commodity Trading Advisor
http://A Commodity trading advisor (CTA) is US financial regulatory term for an individual or organization who is retained by a fund or individual client to provide advice and services related to trading in futures contracts, commodity options and/or swaps. They are responsible for the trading within managed futures accounts.
Rotella Capital Management, Inc | Commodity Trading Advisor
Commodity Trading Advisor | Cayler Capital
Common stock External links:
Investors Title Company Common Stock (ITIC) – NASDAQ.com
Common Stock and Stockholders’ Equity | AccountingCoach
Common stock financial definition of common stock
Convertible bond External links:
MCIFX Miller Convertible Bond I Fund MCIFX Quote Price …
ICVT iShares Convertible Bond ETF ETF ICVT Quote …
Convertible Bond – Investopedia – Sharper Insight. …
Convertible security External links:
Convertible Security – Investopedia
Day trading External links:
Swing Trading, Day Trading, Stock Trading, Stock Advice
Investors Underground – Day Trading Courses & Chat Room
Day Trading, Stock Picks & Technical Analysis with Harry Boxer
Distressed securities External links:
Distressed Securities – Investopedia
Embedded option External links:
Embedded Options available |Intel Communities
What is EMBEDDED OPTION – Black’s Law Dictionary
“Embedded Options Available” |Embedded Community
Family office External links:
Family Office Exchange
Gastauer Family Office / Home
Fairman Group Family Office – Wealth and Tax Advisors …
Financial endowment External links:
Financial Endowment | INSEAD Annual Report
Fixed-income relative-value investing External links:
“Fixed-income relative-value investing” on Revolvy.com
https://update.revolvy.com/topic/Fixed-income relative-value investing
Fixed income arbitrage External links:
Fixed Income Arbitrage – anbang.store
Fixed Income Arbitrage – pontiac.store
Fixed Income Arbitrage – jinshan.store
Foreign exchange market External links:
Foreign Exchange Market: Definition, Types of Markets
Foreign Exchange Market Definition | Investopedia
Forex Horsemen – Learn how the Foreign Exchange Market …
Fund governance External links:
Federated – Fund Governance
Governance.io – Fund governance reinvented
Fund Governance Charter – Integrity Viking Funds
Fund of funds External links:
Fund of Funds – Morningstar
Title Fund of Funds Analyst Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Fund of funds – Bogleheads
Fundamental analysis External links:
CapitalCube – Fundamental Analysis On Demand
Introduction To Fundamental Analysis – Investopedia
Investello: Detailed Fundamental Analysis for Indian Stocks
General Motors Corporation External links:
General Motors Corporation Developer Network
Global macro External links:
The Daily Shot Brief – Global Macro Currents
Global Macro Shifts – Franklin Templeton Investments
RCM Alternatives – Managed Futures I Global Macro …
Hedge Fund Standards Board External links:
Citadel Signs on to Hedge Fund Standards Board – Citadel
Hedge fund External links:
Wealth Management Software | Hedge Fund Software
Texas Hedge Fund Association
High-frequency trading External links:
High-Frequency Trading – The New York Times
What is high-frequency trading? | Investopedia
Institutional investor External links:
Institutional Investor Memberships and Forums – …
Institutional investor database | graypools
Investment banking External links:
Investment Banking & Capital Markets – Morgan Stanley
KippsDesanto Investment Banking
Investment strategy External links:
Investment Strategy – NY Green Bank
PLANSPONSOR | Insight on Plan Design & Investment Strategy
Investment Strategy – BroadStreet Partners
Market neutral External links:
GMNIX LMCG Global Market Neutral Institutional Fund …
Market Neutral Definition | Investopedia
Market psychology External links:
Market Psychology – Investopedia
Psychological Investor – Individual and Market Psychology
Lessons from a Very Old Book on Market Psychology
Merchant bank External links:
First Merchant Bank:Login to Internet Banking
MERCHANT BANKING – EMCO Hanover Capital
Money market External links:
Compare Savings Account Rates | Money Market Rates – Ally
Money Market Funds Enter a World of Risk
SEC.gov | Money Market Funds
Pension fund External links:
Home Page – Ohio Police and Fire Pension Fund
UFCW International Union-Industry Pension Fund
[PDF]felra & ufcw Pension fund – Associated-Admin.com
Prime brokerage External links:
Gar Wood Securities Prime Brokerage
Jefferies Prime Brokerage
Program trading External links:
FDA: Program Trading and Stock Index Arbitrage
[PDF]Program Trading Report – NYSE
Program trading – Everything2.com
Proprietary trading External links:
What is proprietary trading – Answers.com
Savius LLC – Proprietary Trading Firm
DV Trading Chicago – A Proprietary Trading Organization
Relative value External links:
[PDF]WEEK OF OCTOBER 30, 2017 Weekly Relative Value
[PDF]Fact Sheet on the Resource Based Relative Value …
Weekly Relative Value – Balance Sheet Solutions
Risk arbitrage External links:
[PDF]Risk Arbitrage Fund – lastik.store
Risk Arbitrage An Investors Guide – appnode.store
Risk arbitrage (eBook, 2009) [WorldCat.org]
Security characteristic line External links:
Security characteristic line | Alpha Hive
Security characteristic line – calculator – fx Solver
Short selling External links:
Short calls | Short selling | Short selling news letter
What Is Short Selling? — The Motley Fool
Sovereign wealth fund External links:
Online Sovereign Wealth Fund Transaction Database
Special situation External links:
What is SPECIAL SITUATION – Black’s Law Dictionary
http://Special situation in finance is an event turning business to go not as usual and materially impacting a company’s value. The notion covers restructuring of a company and corporate transactions such as spin-offs, share repurchases, security issuance/repurchase, asset sales, or other catalyst-oriented situations.
Statistical arbitrage External links:
Statistical Arbitrage – Definition and Other Information
Stock market External links:
U.S. Stock Market Data – Dow Jones, Nasdaq, S&P500 – CNNMoney
Stock market today: News, data and summary – MSN Money
Market Overview & Stock Market Research | Scottrade
Structured finance External links:
Structured Finance Analyst – TMT – The Horizon Group
AVP Structured Finance – Baraud
Citi® Investor Reporting for Structured Finance
Taxation of private equity and hedge funds External links:
Taxation of private equity and hedge funds – WOW.com
Technical analysis External links:
Americanbulls – Technical analysis of stocks with …
The Chart Guys | Technical Analysis & Education
Trend following External links:
Trend Following Trading Systems from Michael Covel
Volatility arbitrage External links:
HolotradeLab Volatility Arbitrage – YouTube
Volatility Arbitrage – Investopedia
Vulture fund External links:
HowStuffWorks sold to vulture fund – Triangle Business Journal